In the past days, people normally use a MP3 or a MP4 to listen to the music. However, with the phone and tablets being more multi-functional and popular all around us nowadays, more users switch to iPhone when they want to listen to the music. But what will you do if you have kept so many favorite songs in your iPod and have no idea how to enjoy them on your iPhone? Most of the times, we only have one USB cable with us, then how to sync iPod with iPhone directly for music transfer by only one cable?
In order to solve this problem in a more convenient and easier way, we would like to recommend a program which is good at syncing iPod music with iPhone by only one cable. It is name is FoneTrans. With the help of this program, you can transfer the music files between your computer, iPod and iPhone with no efforts.
Part 1: Sync iPod with iPhone for music transfer by one USB cable only
If you would like to sync iPod music to your iPhone, please make sure that the iOS version of iPhone is higher than that in your iPod. And please go to “Settings” > “iCloud” to turn “Fine My iPhone” off.
1 Sync iPod music to your iTunes
Install and run your iTunes on the PC, and then connect your iPod to computer with the help of USB cable. You can find iPod icon in this way, go to > “Music” > “Sync Music” to your computer.
2 Transfer iTunes music to iPhone
Disconnect iPod from your computer, and then connect new iPhone to PC with the help of USB cable. You can find your iPhone icon in this way, go to “Music” > “Sync Music”. After that, you will see a prompt box saying that you have to remove the existing songs and videos on your iPhone to sync your iPhone with this iTunes Library.
Select the tab of “Remove and Sync” to sync your iPod music with new iPhone.
Cons: As you can see, iTunes can help you sync iPod songs to your new iPhone. But be caution that all existing music/videos in your iPhone will be removed.
Part 2: FoneTrans is the best tool to transfer music from iPod to iPhone with only One Cable
The process of using iTunes is so annoying and trivial that not all the users have this kind of patience to complete it one step after another. If there is only one USB cable available, you'd better ask FoneTrans for help, which will not remove your existing files on your new iPhone.
- 1. Get FoneTrans downloaded and installed on your computer. After installation, launch the program.
- 2. Use a USB cable to connect your iPod to PC to start with.
- 3. Hit the Media button and then choose Music. At this moment, you can choose the songs you favor.
- 4. Hit the button Export to. Click the button To Local Folder and select a folder to keep the music.
- 5. Disconnect your iPod and connect new iPhone to your computer now.
- 6. Now hit the Media button, then select Music. Click the first icon Add to load the music you just exported.
Now you can check your iPhone! The songs in your iPod have been gotten out and transferred to your new iPhone.
However, you have to notice that only iPod Touch 6, 5 & iPod Touch 4 are supported by the latest version of FoneTrans.
Part 3. If there are two Apple USB cables available.
If there are two Apple USB cables available, you are able to transfer the music from iPod to your iPhone with FoneTrans directly. You just need to pay attention to the following steps.
- 1. Get FoneTrans downloaded and installed on your Windows or Mac first. Then, launch the program immediately.
- 2. Use two Apple USB cables to connect both your iDevices to your PC. After a short while, you will see all the files showing in the main interface of the program.
- 3. On the left side of the program, hit the button Media under your iPod.
- 4. You will see Music icon on the top,tap it. Select the music files and hit the button Export to. Then click Export to another device you connected to continue.
You can transfer the music files easily from iPod to your iPhone with enough room in your iPhone.
This post was last modified on June 7, 2017 8:05 am